Thursday, March 23, 2006

Recapping

Well it has been a while since my last post also. We had a good weekend and thank God the weekend is upon us again. Paige's friend came in from out of town. We really just hung out and relaxed, nothing real fancy. I BBQ'd out with some Burgers (I made three varieties of burgers Terriyaki, Roasted Red Pepper and Feta, and Roasted onion and Worcestershire). On Sunday we had a Lasagna, my first time making it and it came out real good. All in all it was nice for a visit, and we had a good time. St Patty's day was fun, got a little too wasted and felt bad on Sunday. Oh well.

I think I finally know what bicycle I want. It took some internet browsing to find what the best deal was. It turned out that a summer sale helped to make my decision for me. The salesmen at the bike shop we visited told us to watch the website for the sale announcement. Anyways, we get 10% off bikes and merchandise and there is a lot of deals. So this is a link to the bike I will probably get and to the bike store that we go to. It is amazing how much getting a good bike costs. We really are on the low end . However, I think Paige and I will really enjoy biking. I am getting the Marin Fairfax, I think Paige likes the Trek 7.3 FX. http://www.marinbikes.com/bicycles_2006/html/bikes/bike_specs/specs_fairfax.html
http://www2.trekbikes.com/bikes/bike.php?bikeid=1327010&f=26
http://www.charlottebikes.net/pages/379119/index.htm

Once you start adding in the helmet, tube repair kit, etc. It's alot to start with.
We will see how much I enjoy it once I have the bike.

On the house front, The house is coming along nicely. All the siding is up, which I posted pictures to my photo album online (look at my old posts for the link). I think substantial progress will have been made when I take more photos tomorrow. I am also going to go talk to my insurance agent about homeowners insurance tomorrow. Any advice on coverage, mistakes, etc.?

Work front. I will be a traveling man this upcoming month or so. A new add to my schedule is ASME code conference, I think in Florida. This will happen sometime soon, in addition to The week in Canada, and multiple other trips to plants. Traveling isn't all that it is cracked up to be. I think Paige minds more than I do. She misses me a lot, but can you blame her. Maybe it's the other way around too. I'll be sad when she goes to Duke U.. That's it for now.

Nick

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the travelling thing. Although this trip to Mexico hasn't been bad. I just get sick of carrying around a bunch of baggage.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home