Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hello Again

Well its been along time since I have updated this blog. I will attempt to correct that right now. I've been really busy,(the likely excuse)with work and studying for the Fundamentals of Engineering test (FE exam). I recently took the FE exam, and I have to say it was the hardest test I have ever taken, 8 hours of pure calculation hell. Anyways to better understand this test I will explain why I took the monster. The FE test is the first out of 2 test in attaining your professional engineering license (PE). This is a highly regarded license which not everyone gets, due to it's difficulty and prereqs. are pretty stiff also. After/when I pass the FE which is offered twice a year, I will have to wait until I attain 5 years of engineering work experience to sit for the PE exam (which of course is 8 hours also). For me the PE is not required it is more of a personal goal and will look good on my business card.
If by the luck of God I pass the FE (which would have required outstanding guess work on my part) then I plan on starting my Master's in Material Science Engineering at NC State University. They have a distance program which should be nice. After that I should have enough time in the company to pursue my next goal which is getting an MBA at Duke university. It's pretty expensive so, I would try to get work to pay for it. After that I would be right around the time I can sit for my PE exam, and that will be all the schooling I will ever want in two lifetimes.
On the work front I have been involved in some fairly interesting things, mostly hydro plant work (supports the nuclear sight) and pressurizer weld overlays. To wordy to explain those in details here. Anyways, it's been busy. I will start working day shift at Catawba nuclear station as the welding contact for the pressurizer overlays. It will be a long two weeks, I work a 6 to 6, six days a week, and will have to miss most of Thanksgiving. I don't feel too bad though, most of the workers will have to work the entire outage and might miss Christmas.

Besides all of that I have been riding on bicycle on the indoor trainer that I bought. It works really well. Paige has been busy at school and playing intramural soccer with her classmates. She is trying to get her 1 month clinical this spring in Gastonia which is right down the street. That would be really nice, I would like her to be back at the house with me again. Hope all is well, send my love to everyone and I'll talk to you soon.

P.S. Milfab investment idea, how about a beach house somewhere? I think it would see some use.......

Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home