Monday, July 17, 2006

Taking time to reconnect

I have no great excuse for my lack of blog posts. Sometimes the inner hippie takes over and I just want to 'Tune out' the firt thing to go when that happens is the technology interface. In addition to needing an escape from Chapter 11 of my accounting book, I think it is time to reconnect via family blogging.
Happily, the past month has been filled with several family gatherings. The first big one was the pig roast. Then the week following was 4th of July spent with the parents, Nick and Paige. Later that week, I got to spend more time with Dad, Nick and Paige we biked and watched movies. It was such a great time and I was so happy to be together with family.
In spite of all that happiness, I am left feeling a void. I remember, when I was younger and living with Dad, Kristan and Nick would come for visits. They totally dissrupted the balance that Dad liked to keep. Shoes were everywhere, there was noise and there were fights. It was chaos. Then, they would have to leave for Cleveland. I would go back to being a psuedo only-child again. It was TOO quiet. I missed them so much. I guess my point is that being with family can be chaotic and in fact often nuerotic, but it is also very the best sweetness there is.
I am planning to come home in August. I am really looking forward to it. I love my family!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Thanks Uncle Pete! What's happening in Little Italy that weekend?

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home