Friday, May 12, 2006

It's Been Awhile

Well I haven't wrote a post for awhile, so here it is. I have been traveling a bunch lately. Last week I was down in Oconee, SC for a week for the outage down there. I went down on a Wens. and stayed to Tuesday of the following week. Paige came down Thursday and stayed until Sunday morning (I was off Friday and Saturday). We ended up going to Helen, GA to see a Dutch village on Friday and a hiked to a waterfall on Saturday. Helen was pretty nice, the town is cool and littered with gift shops etc. The best part of the trip was that there a Bear Park located right there in the middle of town. It basically had a bunch of bears in a concrete pits, that you got to feed and look at on a concrete walkways 15 feet above them. We have nice pictures of the waterfall and the bears. We ended up taking the wrong path at the fork in the road, which led to a 1.5 hour uphill hike, we were really tired after the journey. So tired in fact that Paige said that we didn't have to work out for that day.
The outage was really good for me. I got to dress out in protective clothing and see the nuclear reactor, steam generators and pressurizer. That was awesome, having studied them in Nuclear Engineering, but never getting to see them in life.
This weekend is Paige and I's 1year Anniversary. I got her a couple bouquets of flowers and we are going out to Bentleys on the 27th. Supposed to be nice.

I also had to get my brakes looked at, ended up getting new rotors and some work on my rear brakes. $455.00. I thought a standard brake service originally $150.00, but no luck, and actually they recommended another $1,100.00 worth of work. If only I could do this work myself, I would save a fortune.
Anyways, I didn't nee a crap load of expenses right now, my house closes on the 29th this month and that will have a whole new set of expenses. This isn't including the fact that I will have to pay rent and mortgage for a month. Needless to say, my next paycheck is already spoken for. Sucks, but what can you do. Just keep on living.

Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home