Sunday, February 05, 2006

Recap of the first week

Well, the success of the blogging method of communication remains to be seen. At the moment,members from one branch of the Milicia family Tree have posted to the blog. Considering that many people are not familiar with blogs or blogging, I feel that the first week's level of participaiton is promising.

I would like to invite more members of our extended family to become members of the blog. Please forward family email addresses to my gmail account or attach them in the comments.

Special note to family's with the last names: Milicia, Roberts, Szeman, Taylor, Transky, Dispenza, Millonzi...( you get the idea). Your family's information is NOT being shared!!! I repeat, we are NOT being informed when you are: sick, engaged, married, pregnant, moving... A NEW method of communication needs to be put in place! The "phone chain" of old does NOT exsist. If you have been counting on Angelo and Loraine to spread the word, DON'T. This passive method of getting your news out is not effective or fair to the messengers. We need to be smarter and proactive.

Key Reasons to be Become a Member of the "Milicia family blog"
  1. You are related or married to a decendent of a Milicia or Millonzi.
  2. You choose what to share about you and your family.
  3. You share info when its convenient for you.
  4. Find out what is happening with family members at your convenience.
  5. No paper, no stamps, no long distance charges
  6. Because the days of only catching up at weddings and funerals are over. We have better resources.
Alright, that is my sales pitch. I sincerely hope that you will give posting here a try if you haven't already. Let the family know that we have a web pressence.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

I would suggest, that we get Dad to send some invitations to the Buchan side of the family. I think Aunt Sue, Uncle Brian, and Grandma B would participate.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,
I tried signing up, but something must have gone wrong, and now my access is denied. ME DENIED!!!!!!!!! Maybe you can resubmit my e-mail address.
Uncle Pete

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home